Resources for Owners
As a property owner you will probably enlist the services of qualified contractors and businesses. We have offer this list of companies as a service to you. These are companies and contractors who we, or our customers have had good experiences. Please provide feedback to us if you have had experience with any of these service providers, or if you know of any quality businesses we should add to this list.
Matt Olsen: 612-432-6956
One Source Insurance
Kyle Garman: 612-444-6277
This handbook covers important topics including:
- Entering an Agreement: Inspections, Fees, Deposits, Leases, Utilities, Maintenance, Destruction of Property, Alterations
- During Tenancy: Rent, Privacy, Repairs, Defense
- Ending Tenancy: Notice, Section 8, 3-day Winter Notice, Refunds, Interest, Court
- Important Laws: Housing Court, Eviction, Retaliation, Lease Violation, Tax Credit, Discrimination, Accessibility, Subleasing
From the Office of Minnesota Attorney General, Lori Swanson
Systems are critical to any business success story. For each property, we suggest creating individual files for the following categories:
- Expenses: Maintenance, Property Taxes, Utilities, Mortgage, Insurance, etc.
- Bank Accounts & Monthly Statements
- Tenant Information/Lease Copies/Certificates of Rent Paid
- Tax Filing
- Purchase Agreement, Note, Mortgage, Deed, HUD
- Company Docs (LLC), Permits, Tax Documents, Insurance Binder
- Property Management Agreements/Marketing Information
- Checklists/Forms (Inspection Reports, Maintenance Checklists, etc.)
Minnesota and National Networking Clubs
Recommended Books for Property Owners
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi and Tahl Raz, 2005.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert T. Kiyosaki and Sharon L. Lechter, 2000.
- High Trust Selling: Make More Money in Less Time with Less Stress by Todd Duncan, 2007.
- Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton, 2001.
- Founders at Work: Stories of Startups Early Days by Jessica Livingston, 2008.
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It’s Not About the Money, It’s About Being the Best You Can Be! by Gary Keller, Dave Jenks, and Jay Papasan, 2004.
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary keller, Dave Jenks, and Jay Papasan, 2005.
- Missed Fortune: Dispel the Money Myth-Conceptions, Isn’t It Time You Became Wealthy? by Douglas R. Andrew, 2004.
- Missed Fortune 101: A Starter Kit to Becoming a Millionaire by Douglas R. Andrew, 2005.
- Shift: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times by Gary Keller, Dave Jenks, and Jay Papasan, 2008.
- The Great Depression Ahead: How to Prosper in the Crash Following the Greatest Boom in History by Harry Dent, 2009.
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz, 1987.
- Unique Ability: Creating the Life You Want by Catherine Nomura, Julia Waller, and Shannon Waller, 2003.
- How to Master the Art of Selling by Tom Hopkins, 2005.
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason, 2008.
- The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies by Chet Holmes, Michael Gerber, and Jay Conrad Levinson 2007.
Twin Cities Home Rental manages properties in Minneapolis, St. Paul and it’s surrounding communities. Please select a city from the list below for more information about the services we offer in your community.
- Apple Valley
- Arden Hills
- Circle Pines
- Columbia Heights
- Coon Rapids
- Cottage Grove
- Eden Prairie
- Elk River
- Golden Valley
- Ham Lake
- Inver Grove Heights
- Lino Lakes
- Maple Grove
- New Brighton
- New Hope
- Prior Lake
- St Louis Park
- St Michael
- Saint Paul
- Spring Lake Park
- Vadnais Heights